Sunday, August 10, 2008

Raspberries for Breakfast

Well, I have just picked raspberries to eat with my yogurt and granola for breakfast, before I begin the first drywall session of the day. I am applying texture to the new kitchen and living room at this point, and have to divide the work to give my arm neck and shoulder a rest. I am very excited about getting paint on the walls of my beautiful new spaces.


I still have a few apricots on the trees, they are tasty, and I enjoy one now and then, but mostly, apricots are done for the year. I met some wonderful people who stopped for apricots, and hope to see many of them again next year. I have begun selling produce, basil, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, onions are all producing abundantly. Pat and I cleared beds and pathways of sunflowers, mulched some wild places, and have planted arugula, kale, lettuce, spinach and beets.

I am still hoping to get a chicken house built in time to get chicks. Yesterday, I found a great deal on lumber, and have enough now to build the first chicken house.

There was a cloudburst a couple of nights ago, so much rain in town, folks kayaked on south 7th street, or at least one man did, and the newspaper had his picture on the front page. What i got was the most incredible lightning and thunder, and plenty of rain. And the next day, the water in the irrigation ditch was running a clay-rich milky chocolate color. I ran as much of that onto my field as I could get, and will likely do the same today.

No comments: